Movies for Kids


Maybe what came into your mind on what movies to show your kid are mostly Disney movies, am I right? Well yeah, I too am a fan of Disney movies! Who isn't anyway? My personal favorite is The Lion King, I remember having a copy of this in VHS. Lol I feel so old saying that. But there are other movies that are not from Disney that are also great for our little ones! I know that we know these movies, but we didn't know that these movies aren't actually from Disney. Here you go!

This movie would teach your little ones to love books. And to stand up for what's right and not be afraid of it, and be a strong person. I just love this movie even though Miss Trunchbull really scared the shake out of me!
Click here for the movie info.

I remember watching this movie with my younger sister. I loved it! It shows you to believe in yourself even if there are only a few people who does, or even if there's none, because else will. And also, to respect everyone else around us. As what Dr. Seuss said in the movie, "A person's a person no matter how small".
Click here for the movie info.
My husband's niece and nephew's fave when they were younger! It teaches us to respect our surroundings, the nature. I personally think this is a must-see for the kids today, because they would surely learn a lot! Especially giving importance to our trees.
Click here for the movie info.

Another favorite, which I yearly watch whenever Christmas is coming! It simply reminds you to love your family, be a good boy/girl, but no matter what your family is always, always there for you.
Click here for the movie info.

My brother let me watch this one. I love Johnny Depp but not much a fan of this before I watched it because Depp doesn't look that cute! Lol! But when I saw it, I loved it! It's a nice reminder for us to be contented with what we have.
Click here for the movie info.

Honestly it took me ages to finally finish this movie! I mean I've watched it before but I never got the chance to finish it. Hehe! I didn't think it was interesting enough. But, when I got the chance to watch it again just this month (hihi), I think it was a really great movie. Even though it's kind of a love story, I think kids would still enjoy and would also learn a lesson or two, specifically on not doing what others want you to do. I'm not saying that kids should not be obedient, but just be what you want to be because you want it not because you're told to be. And of course, because of Hugh Dancy <3. Hehe
Click here for the movie info.

Ah the movie that made me cry when I was younger because E.T.'s going back to space! Yes, I cried to this movie. For me, this movie taught me that we can be friends with anyone. That someone could love us even if we're different from each other which I truly believe in.
Click here for the movie info.

Another movie I used to watch during Christmas. Though this one, I don't really watch yearly. I think I already forgot how this movie goes, so I watched it again. I love it still. There are different lessons from each of the character and it would be too long if I'd write it here. So I really suggest you watch this with your little one, my little girl loved it!
Click here for the movie info.

Who doesn't like this movie?! Get out! Lol kidding! This is such a fun movie to watch with the kids, and the kids in this movie are sooo cute! And I remember my childhood, when my friends and I used to have our own 'club'.
Click here for the movie info.

My little girl love this movie! I think mostly because of the colors, and the singing. This movie is really colorful and the kids would surely love it. I've shown this to my little girl when she wasn't a year old yet, and from then on she loved it. I do, too!
Click here for the movie info.

At first I actually thought this wasn't good. But it surprisingly was! Just like The Lorax, it would teach the kids to respect nature. And it also teaches that it doesn't matter if you're small or big, or just different as long as you believe in yourself that you could do it, then everything else just follows.
Click here for the movie info.

I love this movie because of Jesse Eisenberg (hehe), and my little girl loves it because of birds. Lol! But it's more than that. This movie shows what really is happening to the exotic animals around the world that are being sold illegally. And it also shows to not be afraid, and believe in yourself.
Click here for the movie info.

I honestly thought this was a Disney movie. But it's not. And I love it! It was really funny and teaches us about the life in the earlier times.
Click here for the movie info.

Well, this gotta be the last but it definitely is not the least. Hehe! Where my husband got my little girl's name, from Neil Gaiman's book that turned into this movie, Coraline. I honestly think this is pretty dark for kids 7 years of age and below. But there are lessons you could learn from this like being contented with what you have, loving your parents, and so on. And plus, the animation on this one is reaaaallyy great!
Click here for the movie info.

There you go! There are actually a lot more movies to show your kids that are not just from Disney and are great, but here are some of it. ;) I've watched all of it and they are all great. If you're going to let your little one watch these movies, it's best to be with them when watching so that you could explain it to them, and there are definitely gonna be a lot of questions through out the movie! Haha!

Disclaimer: Videos aren't mine. Credits to the Owner. Click on the video to get to the owner's Youtube page.

Comments

  1. Yeah, puro disney din kame at paulit ulit na lang sa lightning mcqueen! hahaha I think I need to check out movies that you posted here especially yung may mga song and dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband's nephew's the same! Nung bata sya puro Cars pinapanood! Hehe! I think they would enjoy The Book of Life, colorful and makanta din :) Na-enjoy ko rin ang movie na yan ;)

      Delete
  2. I watched Lorax for the nth time already. I love that it is filled with lessons all of us must be aware of. Prolly one of my most favorite movies ♥

    Wannderzel by Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really helpful!. been searching a lot of cartoons movies for my toddler.
    puro kame CARS, FROZEN and monster Inc. some of the lines memorized na nya :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only know some like Home Alone, Ice Age, Rio, and the Dr. Seuss movies. I'll try to introduce my daughter to the others, puro YouTube videos na lang kasi pinapanood :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen every single one of these except Matilda hehe. My favorite is Lorax. There was a time when it was all the kids would watch for months, and they would sing along, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watched alllll of these, my daughters or may I say all of us in the family are movie addicts specially the animated ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watched all of these. I wish my son is already interested with movies so we can watch these again together. Paulit-ulit nlng cars and minions. Hihihi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have here a nice list of movies not only kids enjoy but their moms/parents as well. Waiting for my little one to enjoy movies too so we could spend some inside the theater or even in the comforts of our home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son watched some of the movies here. We are very intentional when it comes to movies that the kids can watch. Although some are cute, not all depicts the values that we want our kids. Nonetheless, these movies are good for adults. I've watched some of them too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Book of Life FTW :)
    Couldn't agree more, we have Disney mostly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two of my son's favourite movies are included here: Home Alone (and Home Alone 2!) and Horton Hears a Who! And Matilda rin pala. Love your selection!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've watched some of these when I was younger and I would love my son to watch them too! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Book of Life and Lorax! It's nice to watch movies that are not only from Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are two movies on your list that I haven't watched yet. Thank you for sharing! :) I want to watch all these movies with my toddler but she still can't sit through a movie. I'll bookmark this and maybe after a few months I can try watching with her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My daughter has seen Horton Hears a Who, The Lorax, The Polar Express, Rio and Ice Age. She watched it together with us, mom and dad. I would like her to see Matilda and Charlie and The Chocolate Factory one day. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this! I've seen a few from this list, and better get started downloading most of it for my kids. So, I expect movie marathon for the nth times...

    ReplyDelete
  17. My kids have already most of these movies. We're movie addicts! :) The only ones from this list they haven't watched yet are Little Rascals and ET.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Home Alone and Little Rascals are my absolute favorites! I should atart listing movies to download once Baby Katey's born. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My son has never watched any of these movies yet. And I haven't watched all of these either! haha. Ang kaya pa lang tagalan na movie ni Nate ngayon is Zootopia. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whata great list of movies for kid. Can I just tell you that we love them all and that we've watched it over and over?

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is really interesting. I haven't watch most of them, but I will definitely try to download these movies for my son. I personally love Home Alone (actually I already watched all Home Alone movies), Matilda, Ella Enchanted and Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. All of them have great lessons. Thanks for sharing this. Hope you came up more with this kind of topics in your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! Thank you for keeping up with my blog! Care to share your thoughts?

Coi

Popular Posts